Thursday, October 20, 2011

Another wonder of why

I always think I see everything and the nope something else rears its head

Notice the cables ran in to a switch cupboard not punched in to the panel. Why would you not take the time someone will plug in and nothing my question is where do these run. Joys of inheriting a networking mess.

This was the icing on the cake with this project
or so I thought.  Changed the IP on the switches that had no IP addresses for them other than the default.  Changed  it only to find out that the old Antique AS/400 went offline it had a ghost IP in it that was used for connecting. 

The AS/400 was last updated in 1994 it has version 8 current OS is 28.1,  I am waiting for it to die so they will update the Production management at 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment