Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It is amazing how people just don't get it

Where I work we deal with a company that remotes in and configures our lines. I need to explain 3 and 4 times what I want done. The frustrating part is we deal with them in text or email and outline everything as clear as possible.
In my instructions for example I will put in the following.
1. We need the unit to print when the count hits 10 bypassing the scale as a variable in the equation

Response: so you want me to eliminate the scale are you sure

I always feel like responding did you read what I just sent you. But I bite my tongue or control the fingers and reply yes.

This is what I deal with all the time clarification and reclarify and then asking is it plugged in can't see it anymore. It is so hard sometimes to control what I want to say and be diplomatic. Thank goodness to have my blog to complain to it helps me keep my sanity at times

The saga with this company is well interesting, simple things can take an afternoon a day or 2 of texting back and forth while testing it. The biggest problem they have is getting the units to print. I think that it is mostly since it goes to another server and says here u print I am to dumb. That it is as it takes for ever to configure it to send a print string of maybe 50 characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment