Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cleaning the House .. Memories Abound

We are trying to organize the house and it is amazing what you find as you go through what have accumulated over the years; and how each time you can eliminate more unneeded items.

I work as a Computer Consultant and Systems Administrator and my wife as a teacher.
I was going through old cables and found Serial splitters and adapters from cell phones long gone, as well as games i haven't played in years.  I decided to keep the games maybe I will play them again someday.  These games were from single days before my wife and Son when I had time to waste.
They were: Civilization, Sim City, Joan of Arc Pirates, Diplomacy, Risk to name a few that i played for hours on end to the wee hours of the morning.
I found items that I have no idea why I kept them I guess as a just in case item.  I think as humans we always want to have that just in case but when we need it we go buy another.

I have enough network cables to cable my whole house why everything I have now is wireless.  I guess the old just in case scenario.

I have USB keys of all sizes with items created and backups from years gone by.

I have memories of times and places that bring back memories and emotions that rush back in.
I live in a world of items do i really need them all Iguess some are for a reason and will remain until the next cleaning when I decide that some of them are no longer needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment