Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why Me

This poem I wrote after watching something on TV. a young girl was sitting alone in a corridor in a hosptital I was not depressed or anything when I wrote this one.

I’m in a vacant hallway
All alone no one is around
Why am I hear
Why Me!  Why Me!

The walls are white
and everyone has left me here all alone
There is no one here that seems to care about me
Why Me!  Why Me!

The corridor is long and narrow no one at either end
I’m all alone
There isn’t anyone around I know
Why am I all alone
Why Me!  Why Me!

I seem to do everything right in my mind
But in the mind of others it is not
Why can’t I be in the right with people around me.
Why does everyone always leave me alone
Why am I in this white corridor all alone.

It isn’t my fault I can solve this on my own
I don’t need your help?
You don’t know me I know what is good for me
Get out of here I can deal with this on my own

Here I am all alone in what seems like prison
Everything is closing in around me
No one seems to listen to me
But they keep telling me what I should be doing.
Why Me!  Why Me!

This white corridor is getting longer and longer it was once short
It is longer than I ever thought possible
The door is know a little speck at the far end of a wall that seems miles away
How can I ever get close to the door and get out of this corridor
I keep walking towards the door but it remains the same distance away

I have to get out of here but how
I can’t reach the door it seems to be moving further with each step
Why Me!  Why did I end up here why Me.
How did my life end up so far out of reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment