Thursday, June 24, 2010

Printer Problems -- or Was it User or just ....

I work as an IT Consultant and things you see that make you go hmmm!!



One of my clients had a printer that died it had no power so I went to check it and sure if enough
It had no power I checked the connections, moved the power connection to another power outlet still nothing. Since the unit was under warranty I called HP.  The tech I got was a genius the first thing he said to me after I explained the issue is that I need to perform a self test on the printer to see what error code it is getting. I tried to explain to him the unit is dead and there is no power no lights on the unit nothing is working he insisted that he needed the error code so he could enter it in to the ticket.  Got love the first level techs who read off a piece of paper.

1. Ask user this
2. Then Ask this
they have no capacity beyond that and if you go beyond that step by step piece of paper oh now the world has come crashing down around them.

After ten minutes trying to get the genius to well think.
I responded will the error I am getting here is D E A D does that help. He then gave me the case #: so I could send it back under warranty.

This is not the end however of this story It got shipped back to the client when the repair work was completed and I got a call saying it was doing the same thing as before.

I went to the clients site plugged in the power and voila it started printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment